Exactly How & Why Red Light Therapy is Going to Make You Look Younger
Visible red light is capable of penetrating the skin to a depth of about 8 to 10 mm. Once absorbed, the light energy is converted to cellular energy, stimulating the body’s natural processes on a cellular level and kicking off metabolic events, including:
1. Increases circulation and the formation of new capillaries. (references) This brings an immediate healthy glow to the skin, and paves the way for you to maintain a more youthful and healthier appearance, as new capillaries mean more oxygen and nutrients to each skin cell every day.
2. Increases lymph system activity. This reduces swelling and puffiness. These results would also be noticed after the first and each subsequent treatment. Again, this paves the way for less puffiness in the future as the lymph system is actually made more efficient over time, resulting in healthier skin overall.
3. Stimulates the production of collagen and fibroblasts. Collagen is what is responsible for the elasticity, firmness, and fullness of your skin. The increased production of collagen and fibroblasts is what will smooth out your fine lines and wrinkles, smooth the texture of the skin, and reduce pore size over time. Collagen cells grow slowly, so be patient, and expect to see “before and after” results at about three months of consistent treatment.
4. Causes the release of ATP, or raw cellular energy. This provides energy to the cells to make the most of the additional blood, oxygen, nutrients, detoxification, growth, and repair already initiated by your red light therapy treatments.
The Anti-Aging Results of Red Light Therapy for Skin
Red light therapy:
- creates a healthy glow about your face
- smooths overall skin tone
- reduces wrinkles, including crow’s feet, under eye wrinkles, forehead wrinkles & laugh lines
- speeds the healing of blemishes, like acne and rosacea
- repairs sun damage
- reduces redness, flushing, and broken capillaries
- fades scars and stretch marks
- brings more moisture to your skin
- prevents hair loss & stimulates regrowth
Add all that to the already impressive list of benefits red light has to offer and you have no reason at all not to give it a try.
3-4 Times a Week for 6-8 Weeks
2 Times a Week After 8 Week Period
The imperfections that you gained slowly over time will fade in the same way – slowly, over time. Gradually, uneven redness and spider veins will diminish. Collagen and elastin will grow slowly with each treatment, gradually smoothing out those fine lines and wrinkles. This happens so gradually you might not notice it, but others will. It might help to take a picture before you start, and another 8 weeks later, so the progress will be more obvious to you.